Monday 20 June 2011

Day 5 - Canyoning

Note: The links you see on this website are links from me, not the standard ads you see on others. So click on them. They´re funny.

As today was a Saturday, I did not have to work, so I spent the day waterfall rapelling (canyoning/abseiling). I thought it would be easy - after all, you´ve got a rope right? It was not. I think I forgot to include the fact that I would be abseiling DOWN A WATERFALl in my estimations. In the day, we did 3 waterfalls - 5m, 30m and 50m.

Another thing I failed to account for was the fact that the rocks are slippier than a lubed up soap-bar (standard), and there´s not alwaysa next place to put your foot. I slipped, swang and smacked into rocks; a recipe that was sasoned with cuts and bruises.

The last thing I didn{t think about was how heavy the water was, it felt like.. well, standing under a waterfall. After a while of it cascading over you, your shoulders really start to hurt.

The most difficult thing by far was the first step off the edge, takes a lot of faith in the rope to do that. After that, it became okay, and I settled into a rhythm. I´d like to say that after a while I had it down PAT, but I probably didn´t.

It was well worth it, you get to see some stunning vistas and a memorable bit was a section where you at actually inbetween the water and the rocks (and not getting wet). All in all, a great day!

Leave a comment so I know what´s going on in UK/DTT/Lang Town.


4 comments:

  1. Your pictures looks awesome, keep it up yo. Nice to see you're alive, well and having a good time!
    I'll look forward to reading more of what you get up to and if you stop updating I will be worried!

    Just thought you'd like to know, Leafys is looking promising... got a couple of meetings soon cos' that's how I roll. So the door is always open for you when you get back if it all goes well.

    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff man. Keep me updated. Manz gonna be rolling in bare P´s soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now there is a real surprise, you abseiling down the waterfall, that is courages 50 meters, you know that is roughly 17 storey building. You need some more bruises. Them picture are stunning, it does looks wonderfull place. Don't let us miss you, keep posting, I'm enjoying as much as you are. More pictures please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing about waterfall is, although its dangerous, you can piss in your pants and nobody (even you) will know.

    ReplyDelete